Welcome to SCASM
Since 1936, the Southern California Branch of the American Society for Microbiology (SCASM) has promoted microbiology education and research in Southern California through meetings, discussions, newsletters, and publications. Our members represent the many diverse areas of microbiology including clinical, public health, environmental, basic research, education, industrial, food safety, veterinary, and more.
2014 78th ANNUAL MEETING REGISTRATION NOW OPEN!
October 23 -25, 2014
Hyatt Regency La Jolla at Aventine
Click here to register
Exhibitors and Sponsors can register on the Meetings page
Upcoming scasm SYMPOSIUMS
- Will be updated accordingly
New job posting on the EMPLOYMENT page- posted 6/13/14
Please check out the new ASM Clinical Microbiology Portal. This is a fantastic new resource for all kinds of relevant and timely information concerning the field of Microbiology:
http://clinmicro.asm.org/ or Click here
- Please welcome our newly elected SCASM Officers and wish them all the best in their new term of office:
President: Elizabeth Marlowe, PhD, D(ABMM)
President Elect: Mark Dubar, BS
Treasurer: Jennifer Dien Bard, PhD, D(ABMM)
Secretary: Kerin L. Tyrell, BA, CLS
Term of Office: July 1, 2013 to June 30, 2015
On behalf of SCASM and the fund-raising committee we could like to extend a very big thank you to all of the vendors that have helped not only support our annual meeting but the Spring Symposia and workshops throughout the years. Without the vendor support SCASM would not be able to provide the high quality educational meetings that we do every year.
SCASM would like to extend a special acknowledgement to our Platinum sponsor for multiple years, bioMeriuex Inc. As part of the Platinum sponsorship bioMerieux Inc. provides travel grants to two of our academic poster winners. Students are awarded with grants that allow them to attend the national ASM meeting to present their scientific research. These are grants awarded every year to students to show the commitment to the student community that SCASM and companies like bioMerieux have toward microbiology education.
Many thanks to our sustaining members and annual meeting contributors! To join SCASM, contribute as a sustaining member, or renew your current membership, visit our Become a Member page.
A special thank you to Susan Novak-Weekly and Mickey Amos for their many hours of hard work to make this year's Annual Meeting another big success!!
- If you are NOT currently a SCASM member or are interested in joining SCASM’s e-mail list, enter your name and e-mail below to receive the latest SCASM news, meeting information, and webpage updates.
- Become a member and learn more about the American Society for Microbiology (ASM).
- Have a microbiology question? Need to find a reference, supplier, or organization? Find more than 100 great connections in the world of microbiology on our Links page!
- The Northern California Branch of ASM (NCASM) offers excellent meetings and benefits. Check out their website!